Who Gives A Crap - Eco-friendly toilet paper
WAIT! What?😲 Eco-friendly toilet paper?
When I first came about this term I had no idea that you could get bog roll that wasn’t eco-friendly. Actually, I just didn’t stop to give it a second thought. Because it’s one of those robotic things I do on my grocery run.
As it turns out using eco-friendly toilet paper makes a big difference!
Here are 3 things I learnt about normal toilet paper:
- The of making toilet paper follows the same process as paper. It’s made from virgin wood pulp. That means we’re flushing our forests down the toilet.
- It also has to go through a bleaching process which uses toxic chemicals like chlorine bleach.
- Biodegradable factor. Although all toilet paper will biodegrade. Some will biodegrade quicker than others. This can cause septic systems to become clogged and overflow. Which means municipal systems have to hold sludge longer. And a spillover into a waterway turns a river into a toxic, polluted mess.
So with this new found knowledge making the switch to eco-friendly toilet paper was easy!
For the last 9 months, I’ve been using Who Gives A Crap Toilet Paper. There’s so much I love about this brand. But I’ve summarized it in 6 points
- It’s 100% recycled toilet paper made from post-consumer paper waste. Like office paper and workbooks etc. Which is sourced from schools close to the factory that makes their bog roll.
- They don’t use any weird chemicals, inks, dyes or perfumes. So no nasty chemicals. Just clean paper pulp.
- It breaks down quicker than normal bog roll and will work in composting toilets as well.
- They also give 50% of their profits to WaterAid to help build toilets in the developing world.
- Their packaging is so much fun! (I know this is superficial but I get so excited when my new order arrives!)
- You can sign up for a subscription which means you’ll never run out to bog roll. And you don’t even have to think about buying it. Because it’s on autopilot!
So why did I choose this brand of eco-friendly toilet paper over anything else on the market?
First up they’re hilarious I love their humour. Nothing like a bit of potty talk💩 And their packaging adds a bit of sunshine to my day! Seriously this is what happens when my top up arrives:
Second I love the cause that they support!
I’m the kind of person who struggles to use dodgy toilets. Like a porter loo at music festivals. I JUST CAN'T DO IT! I’ll stand in the long ass queue for half an hour. Walk into the porter loo. Dry heave🤢and walk out without using the toilet. The main reason I’ve never made it to Glastonbury!
It’s so bad. I’d rather hold my pee in and give myself a bladder infection than use a disgusting toilet. Yes, that’s really happened! Not just once either😐! Hey, some people are scared of spiders. Gross toilets give me the heebeejeebees 🙅🙅🙅
A clean toilet🚽 is one little luxury I can’t live without. So after learning that more than 40% of the world’s population don’t have access to a proper toilet. I’m more than happy to buy my bog roll from Who Gives A Crap!
Job Done! 💩😆🎉
Save a tree and make the switch to eco friendly toilet paper today.
PS. I’m not in anyway affiliated with the brand mentioned in this post I just think they really awesome and more people should know about them!